A series of factsheets showcasing SEAFOODTOMORROW‘s eco-innovative solutions and key exploitable results has been developed and can be found below. These outputs are relevant for all seafood stakeholders, including industry representatives, policy- and decision-makers, and seafood consumers.
Each factsheet presents a summary of the innovative research behind the output, the knowledge need, end-users, potential or realised impact, a summary of dissemination and exploitation activities, innovation status, next steps needed to ensure maximum uptake, and contact information for the knowledge owner.
Please click on a factsheet to access the full two-page version.
- FishChoice: A benefit / risk communication tool for sustainable seafood consumption
- Seafood quality and safety: benchmark tool and label
- Reducing energy and water usage and costs in seafood processing
- Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning detoxification process for mussels, clams and scallops
- Bacteriophage biocontrol against pathogenic bacteria in seafood
- Improved norovirus removal from Pacific oysters during depuration
- Seafood authentication: DNA reference database
- Seafood authentication: DNA-based tool for fast salmon authentication
- Reduced-sodium seafood products: salmon pâté
- Reduced-sodium seafood products: smoked salmon
- E-learning: free online training platform for the seafood industry
- Buffer Zones for sustainable management of shellfish production areas
- Novel aquafeeds for biofortified rainbow trout
- Novel aquafeed for biofortified gilthead seabream
- Novel aquafeed for biofortified Common Carp
- Optimization of Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture (IMTA) with seaweed and salmon
- Tailor-made seafood-based meals and recipes for target consumer groups
- Enzymatic biosensor for fast screening of Xenobiotics in seafood
- A fast-screening method for the detection of Tetrodotoxin (TTX) in seafood
- TraSEAbility: Digital traceability system for the seafood trade chain
- Optical biochip for single- multi- plex detection of regulated marine toxins in seafood