SEAFOODTOMORROW will generate results and new knowledge to develop commercial solutions for improving the socio-economic and environmental sustainability of the European seafood production and processing industry. You can browse some of our results below.
In September 2019, the European Commission launched the Horizon Results Platform. SEAFOODTOMORROW participated in the pilot version of the platform and submitted the following results:
- Review of labelling and certification standards to develop a benchmark tool for SEAFOODTOMORROW products.
- SEAFOODTOMORROW Project Video: Finding Innovative Solutions for Future Seafood!
- SEAFOODTOMORROW Blue Economy e-learning tool.
- Optimized Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture (IMTA) for sustainable integrated co-production of fish and macroalgae.
- Reduced-sodium salmon products.
- Sustainable, tasty and nutritious seafood recipes for semi-industrial production.
- Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning detoxification procedure.
- Norovirus removal from shellfish products.
- Reducing energy and water in seafood processing.
- DNA database for seafood authentication.
- FishChoice 2.0: A benefit-risk communication tool for seafood consumption.
- Digital Supply Chain Tracing Tool for Seafood Products.
Work package 1
D1.1: Specifications of three sustainable ingredients for salmon/seabream/carp feeds
D1.2: Fortified farmed carp, salmon and seabream
D1.3: Optimized IMTA configuration for high-quality fish and seaweed production
D1.4: Protocol to manage risks of harmful algal blooms and microbiological impacts of sewage discharges on shellfish production areas
D1.5: Validated prototypes for xenobiotics and marine toxins detection in seafood
Work package 2
D2.1: New formulations for producing two prototypes with reduced sodium level
D2.2: Semi-industrial production of selected recipes
D2.3: Efficient strategies to improve the safety of seafood products regarding Norovirus, Listeria monocytogenes and PSP toxins risks
D2.4: Legislative proposal to harvest and detoxify PSP contaminated molluscs
D2.5: Optimized strategies to save water and energy in seafood processing units
Work package 3
D3.2: Database (design/setup) with TQC integrity parameters
D3.3: Solutions for nutritional benefits, safety, shelflife and optimization requirements
D3.4: Optimized/selected predictive food microbiology models and tools
D3.5: Consumer’s health impact (benefit-to-risk assessment) of solutions
D3.6: Scientific package to support WP6
Work package 4
D4.1: Specifications and requirements from enduser’s
D4.2: Validation and interpretation of LCA results
D4.3: Consumer acceptance and market opportunities for ecoinnovative solutions
D4.4: Business plan and economic feasibility assessment of ecoinnovative solutions
D4.5: Demonstration sessions
Work package 5
D5.2: Optimized authenticity tools for seafood trade chain
D5.3: Automated traceability assessment tool with QR-code quality labels
D5.4: Benchmark for seafood quality and safety certification schemes
Work package 6
D6.4: Knowledge Management and Transfer Report
D6.5: eLearning module
Work package 7
D7.1: Project management portal
D7.2: Risk registration file
D7.3: 3-Months progress reports from Task Leaders
Explore publically available SEAFOODTOMORROW datasets through the Zenodo Community page
Zenodo Tutorial: how to deposit your SEAFOODTOMORROW datasets on Zenodo