Addressing the challenge to meet the growing market need for safe and sustainable seafood, SEAFOODTOMORROW will generate results and new knowledge to develop commercial solutions for improving the socio-economic and environmental sustainability of the European seafood production and processing industry. You can browse some of our results below.
|In September 2019, the European Commission launched the Horizon Results Platform. SEAFOODTOMORROW participated in the pilot version of the platform and submitted the following results:|
- Review of labelling and certification standards to develop a benchmark tool for SEAFOODTOMORROW products.
- SEAFOODTOMORROW Project Video: Finding Innovative Solutions for Future Seafood!
- SEAFOODTOMORROW Blue Economy e-learning tool.
- Optimized Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture (IMTA) for sustainable integrated co-production of fish and macroalgae.
- Reduced-sodium salmon products.
- Sustainable, tasty and nutritious seafood recipes for semi-industrial production.
- Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning detoxification procedure.
- Norovirus removal from shellfish products.
- Reducing energy and water in seafood processing.
- DNA database for seafood authentication.
- FishChoice 2.0: A benefit-risk communication tool for seafood consumption.
- Digital Supply Chain Tracing Tool for Seafood Products.
Work package 1
D1.1: Specifications of three sustainable ingredients for salmon/seabream/carp feeds
D1.2: Fortified farmed carp, salmon and seabream
D1.3: Optimized IMTA configuration for high-quality fish and seaweed production
D1.4: Protocol to manage risks of harmful algal blooms and microbiological impacts of sewage discharges on shellfish production areas
D1.5: Validated prototypes for xenobiotics and marine toxins detection in seafood
Work package 2
D2.1: New formulations for producing two prototypes with reduced sodium level
D2.2: Semi-industrial production of selected recipes
D2.3: Efficient strategies to improve the safety of seafood products regarding Norovirus, Listeria monocytogenes and PSP toxins risks
D2.4: Legislative proposal to harvest and detoxify PSP contaminated molluscs
D2.5: Optimized strategies to save water and energy in seafood processing units
Work package 3
D3.2: Database (design/setup) with TQC integrity parameters
D3.3: Solutions for nutritional benefits, safety, shelflife and optimization requirements
D3.4: Optimized/selected predictive food microbiology models and tools
D3.5: Consumer’s health impact (benefit-to-risk assessment) of solutions
D3.6: Scientific package to support WP6
Work package 4
D4.1: Specifications and requirements from enduser’s
D4.2: Validation and interpretation of LCA results
D4.3: Consumer acceptance and market opportunities for ecoinnovative solutions
D4.4: Business plan and economic feasibility assessment of ecoinnovative solutions
D4.5: Demonstration sessions
Work package 5
D5.2: Optimized authenticity tools for seafood trade chain
D5.3: Automated traceability assessment tool with QR-code quality labels
D5.4: Benchmark for seafood quality and safety certification schemes
Work package 6
D6.4: Knowledge Management and Transfer Report
D6.5: eLearning module
Work package 7
D7.1: Project management portal
D7.2: Risk registration file
D7.3: 3-Months progress reports from Task Leaders
Explore publically available SEAFOOD<sup>TOMORROW</sup> datasets through the Zenodo Community page
Zenodo Tutorial: how to deposit your SEAFOOD<sup>TOMORROW</sup> datasets on Zenodo